Do you aspire to be part of the emerging generation of cultural leaders?
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Communicating the Arts conference in 2020, Agenda inaugurates its new programme 30 under 30. This unique initiative aims to help the upcoming generation of young professionals to stand at the forefront of the cultural scene and thrive.
Agenda will select 30 emerging young leaders studying or working in the arts sector (performing arts, visual arts, heritage or creative industries) from all over the globe. They will engage in a programme to develop their professional skills and their international network in the arts.
The 1st edition of 30 under 30 will be held under the theme: Climate Change. In this period of transitions, the way in which we collectively perceive the world and take action is more determining than ever. Culture therefore has a pivotal role in this shift. At Agenda, we are engaged for the planet and we believe that the rising generation will pave the way for a better future.
Agenda is adapting its programme to the evolving circumstances and is now bringing arts professionals together through new platforms and formats. Thus prizes for the selected young leaders now includes:
- One-to-one coaching regarding your professional development: counselling, personnal introductions to members of Agenda’s global network of 20,000 professionals.
- An online visibility and promotion campaign: profile on Agenda’s website, presentation of your work to Agenda’s network via social media.
- Working in pair and researching on the most innovative organisations regarding the yearly theme: Climate Change.
- Presenting your research on the institutions tackling Climate Change in a Webinar moderated by Agenda (upon selection among the 30 participants). This webinar will be addressed to top professionals over the world.
How does it work:
- You will be paired with another selected leader from your region.
- In pair, you will look for 15 most innovative organisations involved in the annual theme Climate Change and for their contacts.
- In pair, you will choose the three best organisations and present why you selected them to the Agenda Team. Several pairs will be chosen to present their research during a Webinar moderated by Agenda.
You will be successful if:
- You are under 30 years old.
- You are studying or working in the art sector (performing arts, visual arts, heritage or creative industries).
- You have a project to share to the art world.
- You consider yourself as a leader.
For participants in the Asia Pacific area, you will get one complimentary ticket to Agenda’s roadshow stopping in 5 cities across Australia in late October – early November 2020.
- Roadshow stops: Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane.
- For each stop, one day will be dedicated to Communicating the Arts and one day to Culture Business.
- Agenda will gather 50+ delegates and high-calibre speakers each day to discuss about best practices from its past conferences.
- Topics: Communication Strategies, Art Therapy, Rebirth and Fundraising.
The applications are open until May 31st, 2020. If you wish to apply — or know someone who would be a great fit — click here to complete our application form. Students are welcome to apply! Note that the project you present doesn’t have to be accomplished yet and does not need to relate to Climate Change.
The Jury is composed of international professionals working in the arts sector and Agenda’s team. They will review the applications and select the 30 emerging young leaders as a part of the 30 under 30 programme 2020.
For any queries please contact Marianne DEHAY ARMESSEN, Project Manager Marianne@communicatingthearts.com