> 4 November: BEHIND-THE-SCENES
Delegates are invited to register throughout the day at Sydney Living Museums - The Mint and Hyde Park Barracks Museum.
Afternoon: Enjoy behind-the-scene tours of major cultural institutions throughout Sydney.
New in 2014: One-on-one meetings
Individual strategic meetings with partnering institutions. You tell us who you want to meet! This is an exclusive opportunity for all international delegates to meet with Australian directors and senior staff to pave the way for future partnerships. Up to six meetings available with 10 museum partners from 9am - 4pm. More info here
Welcome Reception at the Sydney Opera House
Evening: Meet with Influential art forces at the Sydney Opera House, Followed by a Welcome Reception at the world famous Sydney Opera House.
> 5 November: OPPORTUNITIES
Keynote presentations at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Welcome: How to be a sexy museum - Dr Michael Brand, Director, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Richard Johnson, Architect and Damien Whitmore, President of CTM and former Director of Programming at Victoria and Albert Museum
- Keynote: Starting from scratch - Surprise international speaker
- Face to Face: Elizabeth Ann Macgregor OBE, Director, Museum of Contemporary Art in conversation with industry leaders
- Success Story: The Making of MONA - Professor Adrian Franklin, Anthropologist and Professor of Sociology and at the University of Tasmania
- Panel discussion: What's going on in China - trends and opportunities with 3 major speakers from Chinese organisations - Chaired by Lesley Alway, Director, Asialink
- Point of View: Robert Stein, Deputy Director, Dallas Museum of Art
Lunch at the Art Gallery of NSW restaurant
Afternoon workshops at Sydney Living Museums - The Mint and Hyde Park Barracks Museum.
- Optimism in a social business - focused or fanciful? - Roy Clare, Director, Auckland War Memorial
- Close encounters of the Digital Kind - Maria Grazia Girotto, Head of Communications, Marketing, and Public relations of the National Cinema Museum of Turin and Film Festivals
- Museum retailing and developing merchandise as a means for museum outreach - Jessie Oh, Director of Business Development, National Heritage Board Singapore
- Future Museum experiences: optimistic solutions and challenging environments - Pr Sarah Kenderdine, Head, Special Projects, Museum Victoria, Melbourne
- Take it outside, moving the museum into nature - Dan Gottlieb, Director of Planning, Design & Museum Park, North Carolina Museum of Art and Mark Johnson, President, Civitas Inc.
- Guess who's coming? - Claire Eva, Head of Marketing and Audiences, Tate
- From product to audience led: a new journey - Jennifer Yard, Head of Marketing, The Natural History Museum
- All free: a new era of audio guides - Alex Palin, IZI. Travel
Cocktail Reception at the Museum of Contemporary Art
> 6 November : COLLABORATION: EXTEND YOUR REACH AND EXPLORE NEW TERRITORIES
Keynotes presentations at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Interview: Engage with China - Max Yang, Project Manager at Weibo interviewed by Google
- Face to Face: Thinking beyond the limits - Tony Ellwood, Director, National Gallery of Victoria in conversation with non-arts industry leaders
- Masterclass: Art Everywhere - Miranda Carroll, LACMA and Gordon Montgomery, Art Institute of Chicago
- Keynote: Collaborating with the Creative Industries - Surprise international speaker
Guided tour and lunch at the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney. Lunch will be provided in the heritage building Lion Gate Lodge. Delegates will receive a special homemade lunch provided by the Foundation Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust.
Workshops at Sydney Living Museums - The Mint and Hyde Park Barracks Museum
- Making a classic modern - Jennifer Francis, Philadelphia Museum
- Google glass: The headman of the longbow - Cecilia Martin
- The New Museum: emerging narratives in India - Anjali Trivedi
- The Power of Print: media in the digital age - Sofie Linde, Staten Museum Kunst, Copenhagen
- Engaging with the Asia Pacific - Celestine Doyle, Queensland Art Gallery of Modern Art
- You have to build the mountain before you climb it - Scott Tennent, LACMA and Robyn Wise, San Francisco MoMA
Gala Dinner at the Powerhouse Museum
> 7 November : INJECT NEW ENERGY: REINVENT YOUR LEADERSHIP
Keynote: Reinventing an institution through digital - Will Dallimore, Royal Academy of Arts, London
Morning Workshops at Sydney Living Museums - The Mint and Hyde Park Barracks Museum
Lunch at The Mint
Keynote: Being Kind - Surprise international speaker
Afternoon key learnings at the Art Gallery NSW
4th edition of the International Design Communication Awards: celebrating the best of the best in design in museums around the world.
Mexican Fiesta at the Australian Museum
> 8 November: CONTEMPORARY SYDNEY
Sightseeing and guided tours of the city in partnership with conference partners. Stroll along Bondi beach and get a taste of Sculpture by the Sea or take a walking tour of Sydney's contemporary art spaces or hop aboard The Endeavour, A First Fleet ship from 1788 (sponsored by the Australian National Maritime Museum) for a cruise around Sydney Harbour.
Ambassador's Dinner -Invitation only
> 9-11 November: MELBOURNE
The Melbourne museums tours and showcases are included in the registration fee. Transportation should be organized directly by the delegates.
Melbourne Institutions Showcase Host: Museum Victoria, Half Day presentations + tour Host: National Gallery of Victoria, Half Day presentations + tour, Evening cocktail reception at the National Gallery of Victoria + Australian Centre for the Moving Image, cocktail reception Host: Asialink
> 12 November: TASMANIA
Supplementary tour of the Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart.
Transportation and hotel should be organised separately
Programme subject to change